Monday, December 17, 2012

Knitting Projects

I learned to knit as a little girl, but didn't do much of it. Over the years I've tried a few times to make a sweater, but I don't think I ever finished one. I'd run into problems and not have anywhere to go for help. The world is very different now, with You-Tube and Ravelry, the ability to Google and use e-mail for help. So, drumroll please... Here's my first completed sweater, for my almost three-year-old Grandson, William.

From "The Big Books of  Kids' Knits" by Zoe Mellor

I made it size four, so it may be way too big, but he's tall for his age, with broad shoulders. I'm eager to see a picture of it on him so I'll know if it comes close to fitting.

My son requested a hat for mountain climbing, and I'm about half-way done with that. But I figure his head isn't growing, so it can take a bit more time. I've also almost finished a pullover for me -- just one sleeve to go. Unfortunately our weather has warmed up again here, so I may have to turn on the AC to have a chance to wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment