Monday, November 26, 2012

Springtime On Easy Street - Part 1

Even though this week's Easy Street step was pretty simple - 4 patches  - I actually learned a new technique!  I've heard about spinning seams, but had never attempted it before.  If I have a lot of bulk at intersecting seams, I usually just iron them open.  On Friday, though, I decided that this would be as good a time as any to see if I could manage to figure how to get the seams to spin.  To my surprise, it really wasn't that difficult, and it didn't take any more time than pressing all of the seams open would have.  All of my centers match up beautifully, and the backs of my units look great, too!

The "spun seams":















My 200 4 patches:


















Now I'm off to work on Christmas presents!

This post has been linked to the Easy Street Monday Link-Up #1!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you! I was relieved that it was so easy to do, and it's certainly something I'll be using in other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect example of a 'spun seam' - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dark gray - I went the same direction. And thanks for posting your progress, it's fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While the grey is not quite as dark in reality as this picture makes it look, its definitely on the dark side of medium. And I'm so excited to be a part of the link-up this year! Thanks for visiting, and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't done the spinning thing either - I love that such a simple little thing makes a whole lot of difference in the finished block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing what everyone has pulled out for the background and their choice for constant! Thank you for sharing yours, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete