Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Ocean Depths #1

So, my version of Ocean Breeze is done in deep greens.  When I got together with Betsy to choose colors I mentioned that I'd realized recently that I don't have anything green in my closet. And I love green - it's one of my favorite colors. But it has to be the right shade to look good on me. Jewel tones are good, and I loved these two yarns together. The main yarn is a silk/merino blend, the contrasting one is 50% alpaca, 50% silk. The color is almost evergreen - and I love it. It was harder to choose the beads. They don't come in the right shade of green, so I went with clear triangles lined with black.

The first clue consisted of a chart with yarn overs, decreases, and beads added in pairs. The chart is repeated eight times, and it took me about four-five hours to complete it. I'm not fast, especially when using beads, but I really enjoy using them and I found the simple pattern very relaxing and interesting to knit.
Now I'm off to work Clue #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment