Friday, August 9, 2013

Springtime on Easy Street - Parts 4-6

I've finally begun working on my quilt again!  My husband is recovering from surgery, and is pretty much confined to the bed or the recliner for several days.  In order to keep him from going crazy, he's playing video games or sleeping through MythBusters on Netflix.  So not only is the tv tied up, but he's crashed in my favorite chair!  And with my favorite quilt...  I decided that I needed a "me" project.  I've made some great progress on gift projects and don't feel guilty about taking some time out to work on a UFO of my own.

So yesterday I pulled out the box with my Springtime on Easy Street quilt in it, and organized everything.  I had put all of the steps - completed and in progress - into individual ziplock bags, but I hadn't labelled anything.  After a half hour or so of counting units, reading back through the clues, labeling the bags, I realized that I had a lot more done than I remembered!  And after a power-sewing marathon yesterday, I had completely finished steps 4 through 6!
For Part 4, I had finished about 1/3 of the pink and purple flying geese, and had already cut the green squares.  I completed the geese and sewed them to the cream/purple geese and was done with this step.

Part 5 was even easier - all of my "Sitting Turkey" blocks were done!
I hadn't begun any of Part 6, so I made the green half square triangles...
...and assembled the brick blocks. I couldn't believe how much progress I made in just one day!  I'm so glad that I pulled this out again.

Oh, and here's a look at my box with all of the parts in individual (labelled!) bags -



No comments:

Post a Comment