Sunday, January 13, 2013

Springtime on Easy Street - Progress Update

Well, despite my best intentions, I'm still running "behind"...  I did get quite a bit done between Christmas and New Year's - I finished all of my flying geese, all of my shaded 4 patches, and all of my "square geese".  I have quite a stack of pieces now!  My husband thinks the colors are "wild", but I'm really enjoying seeing how everything is coming along, and how the various fabrics are playing with each other.

I have not been able to sew at all since just after New Years, as I have pulled a muscle or two in my back.  I have spent a lot of time sitting in the recliner knitting, but sitting over a sewing machine has not been an option.

Here, though, is a mock-up of the two types of blocks going into the quilt (I haven't made the neutral brick blocks yet, and my geese are not sewn into blocks):


I'm very pleased with them!  I think the whole quilt is going to be amazing, and it has been so much fun working with Mom on our quilts.  I'm going to miss the Friday morning phone calls of "have you seen the latest clue?"  and "so how many strips/units do you think we'll need"!

My goal is to finish piecing the top by my birthday in early February.  It's an optimistic goal, since I start back to school this week (Anatomy & Physiology 2 and Microbiology) but I think if I'm dedicated, I'll be able to do it.

A huge thank you to Bonnie, for this wonderful quilt, and a another huge thanks to Mom, for braving it out with me!

2 comments:

  1. I know what it's like to try to finish a quilt while taking classes. Sometimes you just have to take an hour and do something for yourself. I wish you luck in completing it. It will be a fabulous happy quilt! I'm a big fan of pink.
    p.s. -hope your back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how your blocks look, they'll make a lovely spring-looking quilt! The pink and purple are especially fresh and bright -- nice given our gloomy weather recently. It makes me smile just to look at it. :)

    Thanks for finally convincing me to try this, it's been fun. (And you were right about my fabric colors, I do still love them.)

    ReplyDelete